Utopia Newswire Editorial Guidelines
Welcome to Utopia Newswire
Thanks for using our services (“Services”). The Services are provided by Utopia Online Branding Solutions, dba Utopia Newswire (“Utopia Newswire”, or “We”), an independent privately-held company in Hong Kong S.A.R, China. For information about how to contact Utopia Online Branding Solutions, please visit our contact page.
By using our Services, you (“You”) are agreeing to these Terms of Service (“Terms”). Please read them carefully.
Utopia Newswire requires all press releases submitted to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Press releases must be written in an acceptable press release format.
2. Avoid using inflammatory language, hyperbole, unattributed opinions, or invading someone's privacy.
3. Ensure accuracy and avoid potentially libelous material.
4. Clearly identify opinions in quotes or attribute them as opinions belonging to the organization, rather than stating them as facts.
5. Cite information from fact-checked news sources.
6. Include explicit attribution to authorized sources, such as court documents.
7. Press releases must not contain content intended to harm or seek revenge upon individuals or groups.
8. Content should not be threatening, abusive, menacing, offensive, violent, intimidating, or otherwise objectionable.
9. Avoid making attempts to incite fear or panic, such as predicting the end of the world or terrorist attacks.
10. Content must not intend to harm or seek revenge upon individuals or groups, including promoting hatred, bigotry, racism, gratuitous violence, attacking individuals or groups, maliciously affecting a company's stock, or victimizing individuals or groups.
Utopia Newswire will review press releases before distribution to ensure they are newsworthy, accurate, and follow an acceptable format. Adhering to these guidelines will help expedite the approval and distribution of your press release on our platform.
Press releases should incorporate the following features/qualities:
1. Newsworthy Content: Press releases should have a clear, timely, and newsworthy angle, avoiding advertising hype, direct address, and spam. The news announcement must be clearly stated in the headline.
2. Objective Tone: Press releases should maintain an objective tone, free from hype flags and direct address unless used within a quotation from a company or organization spokesperson.
3. Legally Accurate: Press releases referencing legal action or criminal matters must include sufficient documentation such as a case number, court of record, or complaint number.
4. Financial topics/Cryptocurrency: Financial-related topics, including Cryptocurrency and NFTs, must provide full transparency for verification, including contact information and a postal address on the website(s) and/or social media pages.
5. Valid Contact Information: Press releases must include a valid contact name, phone number, and email address in the contact information.
6. Written Authorization: In certain cases, written authorization from a company executive may be required before a press release is approved for distribution, such as with network marketing companies, the use of stock ticker symbols, or major corporate announcements.
7. Standard Length: Press releases should be between 300 and 800 words to ensure optimal distribution.
8. Standard Grammar and Spelling: Press releases should be free of spelling and grammatical errors, and industry jargon should be defined for the average reader's comprehension.
9. Formatting: Press releases should not contain HTML tags, non-standard characters, tables, forced line breaks, or be written in all capital letters. Functional links should be included, and images with the extensions .jpeg, .gif, or .png are accepted.
10. A Clear News Source: The headline should clearly identify the news source, which is the company or organization issuing the release. If distributing on behalf of a client, the client's company or organization's name should be used.
11. Email Addresses: It is not recommended to include email addresses within the body of the press release. If included, our editorial team will modify the format to ensure email address protection.
Please ensure compliance with these guidelines when submitting press releases to Utopia Newswire.
Utopia Newswire does not distribute:
1. Advertisements: If your press release primarily aims to sell a product or service without any newsworthy element, it will not be considered a press release and will be denied publication.
2. Sexually Explicit Content: Utopia Newswire does not accept press releases containing sexually explicit material, references, or links to explicitly sexual or illegal content, or profane language. This includes websites intended for individuals aged 18 and older.
3. Link SPAM: To preserve the value of links within press releases and our network, please limit the number of links to 1 per 100 words.
4. Reprints: Press releases should consist of original content. Content copied from other websites or publications, including news articles, opinion columns, editorials, or copyrighted material, will not be accepted.
5. Duplicate Content: Each press release can only be distributed once through Utopia Newswire. The majority of the content in a press release must be original, and the use of templated or copyrighted content is not permitted.
6. Third Party Legal Releases: Utopia Newswire only accepts press releases from law firms representing one of the parties involved in a case. Press releases regarding legal cases from third-party firms will not be accepted.
7. Intent to Harm: Utopia Newswire does not distribute content intended to incite, advocate, or express hatred, bigotry, racism, gratuitous violence, or personal attacks. Press releases should not maliciously affect a company's stock or engage in activities that defame, defraud, degrade, shame, stalk, or victimize individuals or groups.
8. Written Authorization: In specific cases, such as network marketing companies, the use of stock ticker symbols, or major corporate announcements (e.g., mergers and acquisitions), Utopia Newswire may require written authorization from a company executive before approving a press release for distribution.
9. Unauthorized Ticker Symbols: While authorized ticker symbols are encouraged, Utopia Newswire requires proper authorization from the source company for each ticker symbol used.
10. Online Gambling: Press releases promoting or linking to online gambling, fantasy sports, and related "pay-to-play" models will not be published.
11. Payday or Short Term Loans: Utopia Newswire does not publish press releases promoting or linking to payday loans, short-term loans, or other unsecured loan services.
12. Gun Topics: Press releases promoting the sale or functionality of guns, including handguns, rifles, shotguns, hunting guns, antique guns, airsoft guns, paintball guns, bb guns, and 3D-printed guns, will not be accepted.
13. Online Pharmaceuticals: Utopia Newswire does not accept press releases from online pharmacies or websites selling prescription drugs unless it is explicitly stated that a doctor's prescription is required for purchase. Pharmaceutical sites must be located within the United States or the United Kingdom.
14. Tobacco: Press releases promoting the sale or consumption of tobacco products or products simulating tobacco smoking, such as vaping, e-cigarettes, or herbal cigarettes, will not be published.
15. Weight Loss Products: Utopia Newswire does not allow press releases promoting any weight loss products or ingredients.
16. Health Supplements: Press releases promoting health supplements, regardless of claims of legality, are not accepted.
17. Sexual Enhancement Products: Utopia Newswire does not accept press releases promoting sexual enhancement products.
18. Easy Money Schemes: Press releases promoting make-money online programs, work-from-home schemes, or get-rich-quick plans will not be published.
19. Stock Recommendations: Utopia Newswire does not accept press releases promoting stock picks, newsletters, alerts, recommendations, advice, or reviews. Publicly traded companies can still promote their own news.
20. BlackHat SEO Tactics: Utopia Newswire does not allow press releases to promote or link to Black Hat SEO tactics and services, including keyword stuffing, link buying and selling, link stuffing, over-hyphenated domains, paid social media followers, and reputation management.
21. Viruses, Scripts, and Codes: Press releases containing or linking to viruses, scripts, programs, web pages, or any code that destroys, alters, or inhibits the operation of computer systems will not be accepted.
Please ensure your press release complies with these guidelines when submitting to Utopia Newswire.
Legal News Guidelines
Press releases about legal cases and political matters can:
1. Include fair comment regarding a political or public figure, as long as the content does not cross into the territory of libel.
2. Express the opinion or official stance of an organization on a public issue or current event, provided that opinions are presented as quotes and properly attributed to the organization making the statement.
Press releases about legal cases and political matters are not:
1. Announcements of intentions to file a court case against an individual or group.
2. Allowed to contain potentially libelous content, which includes false depictions or implications that a person:
a. Has committed a crime or is guilty of illegal activity.
b. Lacks mental capacity.
c. Has engaged in immoral behavior.
d. Has a loathsome disease.
3. Permitted to provide interpretations of legal proceedings:
a. Claims about events surrounding a court case should be attributed to court documents.
b. Until a case is decided, events cannot be interpreted but only detailed based on what court documents allege.
When submitting press releases about legal cases and political matters to Utopia Newswire, please ensure compliance with these guidelines.